Home Care Support Worker – Shoalhaven
Are you passionate about supporting seniors?
Would you like to work for an organisation that promotes cultural awareness and values diversity?
Join MCCI winner of Excellence in Workplace Culture, Business Illawarra Awards 2021!
MCCI is a not-for-profit community organisation providing in home care support to culturally diverse clients aged 65 and over in the Illawarra-Shoalhaven.
- Immediate start
- Ongoing support and training
- The opportunity to meet amazing people from all over the world
- Flexible working hours
- Variety of services & shift times
- Phone allowance
About the role:
We are seeking a support worker who is compassionate and caring in nature and committed to delivering quality care and services to people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Our aim is to match carers with clients to ensure we provide a high-quality service, connecting those who can offer support with those that need support.
Duties may include the following:
- Domestic assistance (light house duties – vacuuming, dusting, mopping).
- Personal care (bathing, dressing, undressing).
- Social support (shopping, social outings, meal preparation).
- Transport (medical appointments and outings).
You will have a passion for working with the elderly and experience and understanding of working with culturally and linguistically diverse communities. Fluency in a second language is highly regarded but not essential.
- Experience in providing in-home care.
- Certificate III in Individual Support, Community Services or similar.
- Flexibility and availability for work.
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain.
- Valid driver’s licence.
- Own comprehensively insured motor vehicle.
- Access and ability to use a smartphone.
Please download the position description below and apply via SEEK.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Applications will be assessed as they are received.