Welcome to MCCI
Coronavirus Impact on MCCI Services
MCCI has developed a COVIDSafe Plan to guide our operations through the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. Our main communication channels with members and stakeholders during this time is via email and our Facebook page.
- Our offices in Wollongong, Cringila and Canberra remain open for staff from 8.30am to 5pm but are now closed to the public unless by appointment. Where possible staff are working from home and available on email or mobile.
- All community-based meetings held or bookings to use our Corrimal Street office are now suspended indefinitely and under review on a monthly basis.
- We remain available to provide support to our members and the community. Please contact: email@example.com or 02 4229 7566.
MCCI’s Covid19 Action Team led by the CEO continues to meet weekly. We are actively monitoring the Australian and NSW Governments' public health orders and their impacts on our operations.
The status of MCCI’s services are as follows:
- As essential services for our clients, MCCI’s in-home services for seniors (domestic assistance, personal care, individual social support, flexible respite, home care package support) continue to operate with enhanced hygiene and safety precautions for our staff, volunteers and clients. Our home-visiting staff are trained and skilled in providing safe home-visiting procedures and are implemented higher precautions to manage their safety and your safety during this time. Information sheet: It’s ok to receive home care (Department of Health)
- Social support groups for seniors in the ACT and Illawarra have been suspended. We are staying in touch with all of our group clients via a weekly phone call to stay connected and to see if anyone needs 1:1 support at home. Some online services are also now operating for those who have access to the internet – contact us to find out more. Plans are underway to safely remobilise our seniors groups by August-September, subject to the ongoing health advice and our COVIDSafe plan.
- In-community youth services are progressively remobilising in line with risk management strategies and our COVIDSafe plan.
- All volunteer-based visits to residential aged care centres are now on hold with alternative phone-based contacts being implemented wherever possible.
- Fresh meals are now being delivered daily in the Illawarra and weekly in the ACT for eligible seniors aged 65 and over.
If you know someone aged 65 and over who needs help, please contact us on 4229 7566.
Resources in English and other languages
Keep up to date with the latest trusted government resources in different languages and share them with your community:
- NSW Health
- NSW Government
- NSW Government - translated resources
- ACT Governnment - translated resources
- Testing clinics
- Multilingual government resources
- Easing restrictions - multilingual resources
- Hygiene at home
- Information to keep our community safe
- Language posters - who to call
- Multilingual resources in 71 languages by Ethnolink
- Multilingual resources in 63 languages by SBS
- Practice good hygiene
- Practice social distancing
- Follow the limits on public gatherings
- Speak to your GP if you are unwell
- Get tested for coronavirus if you have cold or flu like symptoms
If you have cold or flu-like symptoms, call your doctor, don’t visit, or contact the National Coronavirus Helpline on 1800 020 080. In an emergency call 000.
For information about coronavirus, call the National Coronavirus Helpline. The line operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week: 1800 020 080
MCCI is a peak not-for-profit community-based organisation which was established in 1975. The MCCI represents the interests of people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds (CALD) in the Illawarra, ACT and Queanbeyan and delivers a wide range of services in aged care, youth development, community capacity building, stakeholder engagement, volunteering, and training. We are proud to be a dynamic CALD organisation that represents the diverse and ever changing needs of our community.