Welcome to the MCCI
Coronavirus Impact on MCCI Services
The current situation is changing very quickly. Our main communication channels with members and stakeholder during this time is via email and our Facebook page.
- Our offices in Wollongong, Cringila and Canberra remain open for staff from 8.30am to 5pm but are now closed to the public unless by appointment. Where possible staff are working from home and available on email or mobile.
- All community-based meetings held or bookings to use our Corrimal Street office are now suspended indefinitely.
- We remain available to provide support to our members and the community. Please contact: email@example.com or 02 42297566.
Significant new community and business restrictions are now in place in response to coronavirus as federal and state governments are shutting down ‘non-essential’ services to help limit the spread of the virus. The status of MCCI’s services are as follows:
- As essential services for our clients, MCCI’s in-home services for seniors (domestic assistance, personal care, individual social support, flexible respite, home care package support) continue to operate with enhanced hygiene and pre-visit screening precautions. Our home-visiting staff are trained and skilled in providing safe home-visiting procedures and are implemented higher precautions to manage their safety and your safety during this time.
- Social support groups for seniors in the ACT and Illawarra have been suspended and a ‘demobilising’ strategy and action plan is currently being implemented. We are planning to stay in touch with all of our group clients via a weekly phone call to see if anyone needs 1:1 support at home.
- In-community youth services are currently suspended with the team working on developing virtual and on-line community connection strategies.
- All volunteer-based visits to residential aged care centres are now on hold with alternative phone-based contacts being implemented wherever possible.
It is an anxious time for everyone in our community. MCCI has stood up a C19 Action Team led by the Chief Executive Officer, Chris Lacey, which is meeting daily to monitor the situation to ensure the safety and well-being of our clients and team members who have responded with continued professionalism and calm, and a supportive and solution-focused approach to the current situation. If you know someone aged 65 and over who needs help, please contact us on 4229 7566.
Resources in Eglish and other languages
Help us stop the spread. Keep up to date with the latest trusted government resources in different languages and share them with your community:
- NSW Health
- NSW Government
- Testing clinics
- Multilingual government resources
- Easing restrictions - multilingual resources
- Hygiene at home
- Information to keep our community safe
- Language posters - who to call
- Multilingual resources in 71 languages by Ethnolink
- Multilingual resources in 63 languages by SBS
- Practice good hygiene
- Practice social distancing
- Follow the limits on public gatherings
- Understand how and when to self-isolate if you need to
If you think you may have contracted the virus, call your doctor, don’t visit, or contact the National Coronavirus Helpline on 1800 020 080. In an emergency call 000.
For information about the coronavirus, call the National Coronavirus Helpline. The line operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week: 1800 020 080
MCCI is a peak not-for-profit community-based organisation which was established in 1975. The MCCI represents the interests of people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds (CALD) in the Illawarra, ACT and Queanbeyan and delivers a wide range of services in aged care, youth development, community capacity building, stakeholder engagement, volunteering, and training. We are proud to be a dynamic CALD organisation that represents the diverse and ever changing needs of our community.