Join Our Team
Do you share a passion for working with culturally and linguistically diverse communities?
Are you committed to an inclusive society that embraces, celebrates, and values diversity?
If the answer to either of these questions is yes, then we’d love to hear from you.
As a community-based organisation, we are committed to developing stronger relationships, programs, and services with others who want to collaborate and work with us.
For a list of current vacancies scroll down.
MCCI has a wide range of volunteer opportunities available for dedicated and passionate people to give back to their community. Our valued volunteers are truly members of the MCCI family and make a wonderful contribution to supporting those in need in aged care, youth services, transport, visiting residents in their homes, and other community work.
As a sign of commitment to our dedicated volunteers, MCCI is a signatory to the NSW Statement of Principles for the Recognition of Volunteers.
MCCI has the following opportunities for volunteers
- Bus Drivers (class C license)
- Bus Carers
- Kitchen helpers
- Community gardeners
- Companion/ visitor
- Meals on Wheels delivery drivers
- Finance Officer - We now have an opportunity for a Finance Officer to join our growing team. This integral role supports the Finance Manager with financial administration of MCCI’s home care services for seniors from culturally diverse backgrounds. Learn More
- Exercise Physiologists - To help meet the needs of seniors from multicultural backgrounds, MCCI is seeking experienced Exercise Physiologists to join our Wollongong and Canberra teams. These roles will help develop and implement programs that support older people to improve their health and wellbeing and to live safely and independently at home. Learn More
- Social Support Group Facilitator - Join our growing team as a Social Group Facilitator in the ACT and work with multicultural seniors facilitating group activities which include a balanced program of social, cultural, nutritional services and information sessions, supporting health and wellbeing and reducing social isolation. Learn More
- Care Advisors (Multicultural Seniors) – ACT - Our diverse and talented team have been driving organisational growth and we now have an opportunity for experienced and values driven Care Advisors to join our ACT team. Learn More
- Project Officer – ACT - MCCI has been supporting multicultural communities for over 45 years. Its diverse and talented team has been driving organisational growth and we now have an opportunity for an experienced Project Officer to join our Partners in Culturally Appropriate Care (PICAC) team. Learn More
- Social Support Group Facilitator – ACT - Join our growing team as a Social Group Facilitator and work with multicultural seniors facilitating group activities which include a balanced program of social, cultural, nutritional services and information sessions, supporting health and wellbeing and reducing social isolation. Learn More
- Home Care Support Workers – Bilingual - Join the growing team at MCCI in Wollongong/Illawarra, Queanbeyan and the ACT in providing excellent consumer directed home care support services that enable our clients to live as independently as possible. Services may include showering, dressing, meal preparation, household cleaning, grocery shopping, supported social interaction and transport to appointments. Learn More
Volunteer Bus Driver
Are you a reliable people person who loves to drive? MCCI is looking to expand our team of volunteer bus drivers to help pick and drop off our clients from their homes to activities. Our fleet of 12 seater buses can be driven with a class C licence; however, we are also looking for drivers with an LR licence or above to drive 21-25 seater buses. If you are able to spare a few hours a week to support clients access services in the community apply now.
Can you spare a few hours to brighten someone else’s day as part of MCCI’s Elders Friendship Program? MCCI is looking for compassionate, caring and positive people to visit elderly people in their own homes, or aged care facilities. Spend time with an elderly friend chatting, playing games or accompanying them on outings. To get involved apply now.