Sector Support and Development
The CALD Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) Service Development Project is funded by the Australian Government to provide activities that broaden the capacity of the industry to meet the special needs of older people and their carers from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds living in the Illawarra and Shoalhaven.
The program is funded to assist in the development of best practice in the delivery of culturally appropriate aged care.
The objectives of the program include:
- provide information about objectives and guidelines of the CHSP program, Aged Care Quality Standards and other relevant Government policies and guidelines
- promote better practice in the provision of aged care services for older people, younger people with a disability and their carers from CALD backgrounds
- identify and analyses the needs of CALD older people in the Illawarra region
- develop and maintain positive community relationship with a wide range of stakeholders to achieve the best outcomes for people from CALD background
- provide appropriate and relevant information to people from CALD background about the CHSP program
- ensure the inclusion of CALD people in a range of community and health initiatives
- actively participate in policy development and community consultations
- provide opportunities for training and development for the CALD workforce
- assist in identifying gaps in service to CALD people
- initiate and develop collaborative opportunities for regional CALD events and activities
- provide cultural expertise to the CALD sector
- facilitate the regional Multicultural CHSP Forum.
For more information on the program or how it could support your service contact us on 02 4229 7566.