Where do I start?
If you’ve already been approved and assigned a referral code for a Home Care Package you can begin services with MCCI right away. Just contact us.
If you don’t have a Home Care Package yet, and are not quite sure where to start- call our Aged Care Navigators.
I want to switch my Home Care Package to MCCI
If you are already receiving care from another provider, but want to switch to MCCI please contact us.
Services We Provide
Once you have been allocated a Home Care Package by the Australian Government and choose MCCI as your service provider we’ll work together to support you to be healthy, independent and safe at home.
Under a Home Care Package with MCCI:
- We will work with you to tailor services individually for you and plan how to spend your Home Care funding allocation
- You will have a dedicated Care Advisor to support you and to organise the services you need
- You will receive a monthly statement showing how your home care funding has been spent
- You are in control of how your funding is spent and your services can be changed as things change for you
- We’ll only charge you a 10% package management fee
We work with you to design the perfect combination of Home Care support based on what you want and need to be healthy and independent at home. That could be anything from assisting you with personal care, such as showering and dressing, to domestic assistance like gardening and home maintenance, to getting to your weekly Zumba class or medical appointments.
We can also help you with specific tasks for shorter or longer periods, for example learning to use a computer and get online.
To give you an idea of what a package can do for you, here are some of the services we provide for clients:
- Housekeeping (cleaning, washing, paying bills, shopping & meal preparation)
- Garden care (lawn mowing, gardening)
- Home maintenance (general maintenance and repairs)
- Pet care (feeding, exercising)
They make a good team, Ercan and Hatica, but they knew that they could do with some extra help at home. With MCCI looking after the lawn mowing, they now have more time to enjoy what matters most, each other, the bird Pamuk and their beautiful garden which keeps them active and provides them with fresh vegetables.
Healthy Mind & Body
- Personal care (showering, dressing, medication management)
- Healthy eating (Meals on Wheels, shopping & meal preparation, diabetes plan)
- Healthy body (gentle movements, physiotherapy, podiatry)
- Healthy mind (creative activities, games, reading, use of technology, companionship)
“Now that’s a shower”, John says. Care worker Zigi assists John with care twice a week, helping him showering and cleaning the house. MCCI has also arranged gardening and renovation of the bathroom to make it more accessible for John and his wife.
MCCI has been absolutely fantastic. I didn’t know such a service existed. It has taken a lot of stress off me and also provided some security for my mum.
John’s son Jerry
Out & About
- Appointments & activities (medical, social, spiritual)
- Social Groups (online classes at the moment because of COVID-19)
- Transport (taxi vouchers)
MCCI’s care worker Stefana makes it easier for Marlene, who has had a long career teaching music, to maintain her active life and passion for music as she drives her to the local aged care facility to play piano for the residents and to give a boy nearby piano lessons. Together they visit the library, go shopping, attend appointments, drink coffee and go for walks on the beach.
Respite & Support
- Flexible respite (day/overnight at home, for carers to have a break)
- Carer support (support, resources and planning)
- Social group (Memory Support Group)
- Personal monitoring devices
MCCI care worker Fong assists Rose with personal care seven days a week. She has lost her ability to speak and seeing her smile and laugh with Fong, makes her husband Leonard feel better and more relaxed because the support enables him to care for her.
It gives her some kind of quality of life. It helps me a lot mentally.