IMPORTANT NOTE: If you have not received your link after registering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
In this prerecorded session, Anthony Scerri gives some practical ideas to help aged care providers in supporting CALD LGBTQIA+ consumers.
A little bit about Anthony:
- Born and raised in Wollongong.
- More than ten years experience working with newly arrived individuals and communities in the Illawarra and Sydney.
- Maltese background.
- Recently, Anthony has been driving LGBTIQA+ inclusion work at Advance Diversity Services (ADS) which has led to the organisation winning Health + Wellbeing Equality Index (HWEI) Service Provider of the Year in 2019 and gold tier status in both 2019 and 2020.
- Prior to ADS, Anthony worked on youth development projects with the Multicultural Communities Council of Illawarra and as a Visual Arts Teacher with the NSW Department of Education and the Catholic Education Diocese of Wollongong.
- Anthony’s passion in this field of work stems from multicultural background, growing up in the southern suburbs of Wollongong, and having a very close relationship with Maltese grandparents.
“I witnessed the sacrifices that she made to migrate her family to Australia post WWII and her ongoing settlement journey in Australia. This continues to motivate my work in this field because I want to help people with their settlement journey.”
This session is a part of the CALDWays 2023 webinar series which will bring together experts to share information on how aged care providers can improve their service delivery for culturally and linguistically diverse consumers.To view previous and upcoming webinars, please visit www.mcci.org.au/cultural-expertise/caldways-webinars
If you have any questions please email email@example.com.