Team Leader – Refugee Services – Illawarra
We are seeking a dedicated & motivated Team Leader to join our growing team!
Team Leader – Refugee Services will be responsible for leading a team of staff and volunteers who deliver a varied, high quality program of services for communities from refugee and culturally & linguistically diverse (CALD) background.
The position is responsible for ensuring that the systems that support the delivery of programs are well designed and performed as expected; they monitor and ensure the organisations’ policies and procedures are implemented; support the staff and volunteers working in the programs; drive continuous improvements and advise, support and inform the General Manager.
What’s on Offer
- 35 hours a week
- Flexible work arrangements to best match your work/life balance
- Professional development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Be part of an award-winning team (2021 Excellence in Workplace Culture, Illawarra Business Awards)
- SCHADS Grade 5
- 2 year contract with possibility of extension, subject to funding
The position is primarily responsible for
- Providing day to day leadership and supervision to the team
- Supervise, support, guide and mentor direct reports to ensure they are delivering high quality services in a manner that is safe and responsive to the community
- Ensure effective community engagement means are implemented to understand and respond to contemporary issues and support needs of the target population
- Monitor the planned program of community development activities, services, projects and events that support the target population.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with service partners and stakeholders
- Represent MCCI at meetings, networks and forums as agreed with the General Manager
- Participate in MCCI and community events, which may occasionally involve working after hours and on weekends.
MCCI is an award winning not-for-profit community organisation providing a range of programs and services to people from cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds and promoting the values of multiculturalism in the community.
If you want to be part of a great team and support people from multicultural backgrounds, then we want to hear from you!
For more information about the role, please visit our website www.mcci.org.au to download the position description.
All applications must include a resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria. Please apply via SEEK or email applications to email@example.com