Social Group Facilitator – Italian Group – ACT
MCCI’s social groups provide social connections, activities, outings and a shared meal for seniors aged 65 and over from multicultural backgrounds.
We are now looking for a new facilitator to join our team and support our Italian Group in the ACT.
This role allows you to make a positive impact in the lives of older people, and use your creativity, organisational and customer services skills to create a varied and interesting program with the clients.
Part-time max term contract available, 8 hours per month:
Monday – 3 hours admin duties (flexible)
Tuesday – 09:30am – 2.30pm
You will have a passion for working with the elderly and experience and understanding of working with culturally and linguistically diverse communities. Fluency in Italian is highly regarded.
- Proven experience in organising and delivering group activities that meet client needs.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- IT literacy including proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain.
- Comprehensively insured motor vehicle and valid driver’s licence.
MCCI is a not-for-profit community organisation offering a broad range of services, including social support group services to culturally and linguistically diverse clients aged over 65.
Our mission is to deliver services that meet community needs, promote harmony, social inclusion and build community capacity. We are looking for someone who shares this ambition.
- Immediate start
- Ongoing support and training
- The opportunity to meet amazing people from all over the world
- Be part of an award-winning team (2021 Excellence in Workplace Culture, Illawarra Business Award)
- Employee Assistance Program
If you have a passion for people and want to be part of delivering fun and enriching programs and activities to our groups, then we would love to hear from you!
Applications should include your resume and a short covering letter, and be submitted via Seek or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please download the full position description below.
Applications will be assessed as they are received.