Project Officer – Mental Health – Illawarra
- Exciting New Mental Health Project Working with Refugees
- Full time role
- Immediate start – till June 2022
We have an exciting full time Project Officer role focusing on mental health awareness and access for refugee communities in the Illawarra.
About MCCI – SCARF
Multicultural Communities Council Illawarra SCARF team provides refugee support by creating connections and generating opportunities that build a sense of belonging; promote social and economic inclusion; and empower individuals and families to lead independent lives.
Recognising that settlement in a new country is a long and difficult journey with many hurdles to overcome, the Mental Health Project has been funded by the Illawarra-Southeast Primary Health Network to support mental health awareness and access for refugee communities in the Illawarra. The project is a COVID-19 pandemic support initiative with a limited timeframe to June 2022.
To be successful in the role you will need:
- prior project management experience in a community development setting,
- a working knowledge of the mental health support systems
- a good understanding of the migration experience of people from refugee backgrounds
- great communication skills, and an ability to work as a member of a team.
- passion and commitment to working with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences
The role will oversee the project, which includes
- developing & implementing community-based activities to promote mental health awareness & referral pathways for people from refugee backgrounds
- assisting SCARF’s community mobilisers with information, support and referral pathways to assist them to engage with community members who may need mental health services
- organising external Accidental Counselling training sessions with MCCI & SCARF volunteers and staff
- liaising with SCARF’s team to raise awareness of the initiative through existing programs
- maintaining records of activities undertaken, program participation, and working with the SCARF Manager to monitor, report on, and evaluate the program for the PHN funding body
- Willingness to undertake Police check
- Fully vaccinated against COVID 19
If you are interested in this role we want to hear from you! Please download the position description below and submit your application via SEEK or by email to email@example.com. For further information contact People & Culture Team – phone: 4229 7566. Applications will be assessed as they are received.