Social Support Group Facilitator
- 8 hours per month (split between first Monday & Tuesday each month) in Palmerston
- Support local Italian seniors stay connected and live well
- Potential for additional work opportunities/hours in other roles within MCCI
Join the growing team at MCCI in the ACT as Group Facilitator for our new Italian seniors social group deliver safe and high quality group based activities and healthy meals.
This is a rewarding hands-on role, where you will plan and implement social, health and wellbeing activities for the group and build meaningful connections with clients.
With a passion for the Italian community, and in particular supporting seniors, you will
- Have experience in running group activities
- Be an excellent communicator
- Certificate III (as a minimum) in Individual Support, Aged Care, Community Services or similar or extensive relevant experience
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain
- Food Preparation Certificate or willingness to obtain
- Comprehensively insured motor vehicle and valid driver’s licence
- Fluency in Italian is highly regarded
- Working with Vulnerable People Card
MCCI is a not-for-profit community organisation offering a broad range of services, including social support group services. Our mission is to deliver services that meet community needs, promote harmony, social inclusion and build community capacity. We are looking for someone who shares this ambition.
MCCI is a progressive and exciting organisation that offers you a fulfilling career within a supported and dynamic working environment. Although this role is 8 hours per month, there may be the potential for additional work opportunities/hours in other roles within MCCI. If you have a passion for people and want to be part of supporting and delivering enriching programs and activities to our groups then we would love to hear from you!
Applications should include your resume, and a short covering letter and be submitted via SEEK or by email to email@example.com. Applications will be assessed as they are received.
Enquiries to Ally See or Sarah Wilson on 02 6169 3986.