Care Advisor – ACT
- Contract to June 2023 with view to ongoing employment
- SCHADS Level 4 with not for profit salary packaging (tax free component)
- 35-38 hours per week
- Dynamic, outcomes focused organisation
Join the growing ACT team at MCCI as a Care Advisor. Due to the growth in demand for our services we now have an opportunity for an experienced and values driven Care Advisor to join our Illawarra team.
The Care Advisor will work in partnership with consumers in receipt of Government funded aged care supports (including CHSP and HCP) to coordinate high quality care and support services through internal and external providers in order to achieve the best outcomes for the consumer’s quality of life.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Previous experience in an allied heath, nursing, aged care or community aged care environment
- Experience in assessment, case management and consumer directed care principles for home care package service delivery, including managing client budgets
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to build rapport and trust with clients and colleagues
- Strong time management and high-level problem-solving ability
- Ability to prioritise competing workloads and task
- Prior working experience with culturally and linguistically diverse consumers will be highly regarded
- An allied health or nursing qualification would be an advantage
- Willingness to travel throughout ACT/ Queanbeyan region and access to comprehensively insured vehicle
- Current WWVP card
If you enjoy building meaningful connections with clients from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and want to make a positive impact on their lives, then we want to hear from you.
For more information about the role, please download the position description below. For a confidential discussion regarding this position, call Ally See on 02 6169 3986.
All applications must include a resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria. Please apply online or email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be assessed as they are received with a final closing date of Sunday 7 November 2021.