Social Support Group Facilitator – Indian Group, Illawarra
- 5 hours per month (2nd Tues of the month)
- Rewarding role- supporting client’s quality of life
- Fluency in English, Hindi & Gujarati highly regarded
MCCI is a peak not-for-profit community organisation offering a broad range of services, including social support group services. MCCI is a progressive and exciting organisation that offers you a fulfilling career within a supported and dynamic working environment.
Our mission is to deliver services that meet community needs, promote harmony, social inclusion and build community capacity. We are looking for someone who shares this ambition.
Join the growing team at the Multicultural Communities Council of Illawarra (MCCI) as a Social Support Facilitator and work collaboratively to deliver face-to-face culturally appropriate activities to our social group clients.
In this role you will be facilitating group activities which include a balanced program of social, physical and cultural activities and information sessions to older people from Indian backgrounds.
This is a rewarding hands-on role where you have the opportunity to build meaningful connections with clients and encourage group interaction and engagement to support health and wellbeing outcomes.
As the first point of contact for clients, you will possess:
- Experience and passion in working within aged and/or disability care services sector
- Understanding of the aged care legislation, codes of practice, industry standards relevant to the provision of programs and services
- Experience and understanding of issues faced by CALD communities
- Excellent communication and time management skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- IT literacy including proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Certificate III (as a minimum) in Individual Support, Aged Care, Community Services or similar or extensive relevant experience
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain
- Comprehensively insured motor vehicle and valid driver’s licence
- Fluency in English, Hindi & Gujarati is highly regarded
Please download the position description below and address the selection criteria.
Applications should include your resume, and a short covering letter and be submitted via SEEK or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be assessed as they are received. Enquiries to Hilda Youssif on 02 4229 7566.