Cook – Cringila
- Contract to June 2022
- $28.41 per hour + super
- 17.5 hours per week (35 per fortnight)
MCCI has been supporting multicultural communities for over 45 years in NSW. We are now looking for a talented cook to join our team and plan and prepare delicious and nutritious meals and snacks for our social group clients (over 65) from multicultural backgrounds.
Working with the group facilitators and volunteers you will prepare culturally appropriate meals each day, snack boxes to be used offsite, and fresh hot meals to be delivered to clients in their homes.
If you have a passion for worldwide cuisine and a curiosity to continue to learn about cultures through food, then this is the role for you.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Commercial cookery qualifications or significant experience
- Food Safety Supervisor Certificate (or willingness to obtain)
- Experience in creating dishes from a variety of cultures
- A willingness to learn new cuisines and dishes
- Ability to manage volunteers.
For more information about the role, please download the position description. For a confidential discussion regarding this position, call Hilda Youssif on 02 4229 7566.
All applications must include a resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria. Please email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be assessed as they are received with a final closing date of Sunday, 24 January 2021.