Home Care Support Workers – Bilingual – Illawarra, ACT and Queanbeyan
- Casual, flexible working hours, immediate start
- Rewarding role
- Supportive working environment
- Fluency in a second language highly regarded
To join the growing team at MCCI in providing excellent consumer directed home care support services that enable our clients to live as independently as possible. Services may include showering, dressing, meal preparation, household cleaning, grocery shopping, supported social interaction and transport to appointments.
As the first point of contact for clients, you will possess:
- Preferred experience in providing quality care in the community and assisting people to live as independently as possible.
- Experience and understanding of working with culturally and linguistically diverse communities.
- Understanding of the aged care legislation, codes of practice, WH&S and industry standards in the provision of home care services.
- Certificate III in Aged Care, Disability, Individual Support, Community Services or Community Welfare or willingness to obtain.
- Flexibility and availability for work.
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain.
- Valid driver’s licence.
- Own comprehensively insured motor vehicle.
- Fluency in a second language (other than English) is highly regarded.
- Working with Vulnerable People Card (for ACT candidates).
The Multicultural Communities Council of Illawarra (MCCI) is a peak not-for-profit community organisation offering a broad range of services, including home care services. Our mission is to deliver services that meet community needs, promote harmony, social inclusion and build community capacity. We are looking for someone who shares this ambition.
MCCI is a progressive and exciting organisation that offers you a fulfilling career within a supported and dynamic working environment. If you have a passion for people and delivering exceptional care and support then we would love to hear from you!
To obtain a copy of the Position Description when addressing the selection criteria, go to our website.
Applications should include your resume, and a short covering letter and be submitted via SEEK or by email to email@example.com. Applications will be assessed as they are received.
Enquiries to Corporate Services – phone: 4229 7566.