Vision, Purpose & Values
An inclusive society that embraces, celebrates and values cultural diversity.
We are a leadership voice for culturally and linguistically diverse communities, providing services that meet community needs, promote harmony and social inclusion, and build community capacity.
- Diversity – We believe in an inclusive and culturally diverse society
- Respect – We value the contributions of all people, celebrate diversity, and uphold the dignity of others
- Integrity – We always act in an open, honest, ethical and courageous way
- Empowerment – We advocate and actively support others to realise their aspirations and goals
- Collaboration – We work cooperatively with others who share our vision, values and purpose
- Hope – We are inspired by the potential that change can bring to our community
We will provide strong advocacy and representation, while building the capacity of culturally and linguistically diverse communities.
- We develop a proactive public perspective on multiculturalism, diversity, and social inclusion that is constructive, respectful, and evidence-informed
- Our approach to advocacy ensures that we have mechanisms to engage effectively with the broad range of culturally & linguistically diverse communities
- We build the capacity and participation of culturally & linguistically diverse communities by providing information, advice, and giving member-support to help achieve their purpose.
Culturally Appropriate Care & Support
We will effectively engage and support those who need our help with vibrant, connected, and culturally appropriate services.
- Services and programs are designed and delivered by placing customers and communities at the centre of our work always
- We communicate openly and effectively to establish and maintain trust with our customers and communities
- Our services meet or exceed our customer’s expectations, quality standards, and operate within a culture of continuous improvement.
We will develop stronger relationships, programs, and services with those who share our values and purpose.
- We pursue strengthened partnerships with government, business, non-government organisations and the community to achieve our purpose
- Others work with us because our reputation is one of a trusted, respected, and results-driven community partner in culturally appropriate care, representation, and support
We will continue to be financially sustainable, pursue new ideas and services, and implement leading governance standards.
- As we grow and extend our work, each service is financially sustainable and contributes to our purpose
- Our business systems and processes are robust, efficient, adaptable, and useful for our purpose
- We understand and anticipate our community's needs now and for the future
Staff & Volunteers
We will ensure our dedicated staff and volunteers are supported by creating a culture of excellence, teamwork, and continuous improvement.
- We attract and retain high quality staff and volunteers who apply our values in everything that they do
- Our staff and volunteers are supported to meet the changing needs of our community, our customers, and our sector
- Our staff and volunteers feel valued as part of a high performing team that is deeply connected to our purpose